Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Today's Lesson

It's amazing what prayer does. Today we gathered in the High School classroom to pray for our Principal who has been in the hospital since last Tuesday(I think). He missed the first day of school and every day after that so far. He had been having bowel problems. Anyways, he had surgery a couple days ago and they repaired 5-7 hernias. All was ok.

Or not.

Yesterday we learned that he had a major bacteria infection ans would be staying in the hospital even longer! This morning we found out that he is in isolation, being pumped with 3 different antibiotics. So today we gathered together, as a school, in the High School room to pray. A few of the older boys prayed and some a of the teachers. As I was peeking at my students to see if they were behaving and to my shock i found every single little body standing still with its head bowed. Then it came to me how much children understand about God. They know that when we pray we are talking to the Creator of the world. They know He hears and cares. Or maybe it was awe about being the High School room :). But they aren't worried about trying to impress others with fancy words. They just pray. And the 4 little kindergartners were bowed on their knees with their little hands clasped before them. Don't try to tell me children can't understand things of God.

Then about 15 minutes before school got out, a fellow teacher told me that He was doing a lot better. Not ready-to-come-home-tomorrow-better, but much better. WOW!! Needless to say the children were delighted. I was too. As a first-time teacher, I cannot convey how odd it is to not be able to ask him things though out the day. It is something I will never again take for granted. He does so much for the school.

Today, I was re-taught about the power of prayer. 
                                                                                         ~Miss Kelley
P.S. Please continue to pray for his continued healing and a speedy recovery.

1 comment:

  1. I really could not say enough GOOD about dear DEAR Mr. Shuman... He does so much behind the scenes for the school that people have no idea about! You will love working with him.

    ReplyDelete