Friday, August 24, 2012

Who Knew?!

Who knew that bodily functions/sounds could be so intriguing to little boys???

 I sure didn't. Not until today at least. Man, did the little-boy giggles erupt!!!
SSHHHHH.
Was my teacherly response, when really I wanted to laugh at the cuteness of their giggles. Then it happened again. The same two little boys could not contain themselves. The girls complained that they were being really loud and couldn't concentrate. This much was true, and two green tallies(disruptive in class) were distributed. That got the attention of the whole class. Harsh? I pondered this to myself, but came to the conclusion that they have to learn that the classroom is for quietness and work. Outside is for noise and loud giggles. Maybe now, they got an example that "I mean business" when I say to be quiet. :) Consistency, I'm told, is key when establishing control in a classroom. I hope I can stay consistent!!

I learned that, at this age, their "sorry-ness" is real. 
One of them drew me a picture with the words "I'm Sorry" on the top with a little boy's face who was crying. crying so much that he created a waterfall and a river.
Well, at least I know that he got the picture.

I think we can learn from children to really mean it when we apologize. To genuinely be sorry for what we did. Or for hurting someone. Don't give excuses. Just be sincere.

I learned that I enjoy weekends more now than when I was in school.
Believe me. I love my "kids" but I'm ready to talk to people my age. And to rest my weary bones. Mostly my feet. Speaking of feet, I'm in the hunt for a couple of good-for-your-feet shoes that don't look like grandma shoes. Don't get me wrong, I love grandma shoes. On grandmas of course. I'm open to suggestions if you have any(non-grandma shoes preferably).
                                                                                            
I learned, on the way home from school, to not rubber-neck at someone who rear-ended someone else. You may, in fact, almost rear end someone yourself. 
                                                                                                   Until next time,
                                                                                                          Miss Kelley

1 comment:

  1. Oh, little boys & giggles :) I honestly think little boys giggle more than little girls do :D Keep it up, Miss Kelley! A. is looking forward to having you next year.

    ReplyDelete