Monday, September 24, 2012

Mouse Traps

Today a student asked me if he could go to the bathroom. Since it was a little before 9 I said sure. Normally they wait until break but they don't usually last that long. Anyways, off he went. He also came to school with 5 mosquito bites on one arm so he was going to put some slave on them while he was in the bathroom. A minute late he came back in because the bathroom door was locked. I sent him the "big-kid" bathroom at the other end of the school (it's really not as far as it sound). He was gone a tad longer than normal when another teacher came in wondering why he was down there. I explained that the door was locked and thanked her for her concern. Pretty soon he cam back in wondering,
"Can you could unlock the bathroom by us.?"
"Did you go in the "big-kid" bathroom."
"No."
"Well, why not? You have been gone quite a while and wasted a lot of time."
"There are mouse traps in that bathroom."
 Okaaaay, I thought to myself....
"Well, do you think they will "get" you??"
 "No, but I was worried that I might accidentally drop my salve on one of them and it would go off."
^direct quote from this concerned little man
 I unlocked the bathroom and laughed to myself as I walked back to my classroom.

                                                                                  ~Miss Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment