Saturday, September 8, 2012

Tired

Yes. Everyday I get home from school and I'm tired. Not tired of the kids, but just just plain tired. Like my brain is tired and my feet are tired and my legs are tired and my eyes are tired and and and...then on Thursday nights from 6:30-9:30 I go to History 102 at MJC, but that's for later.

So that 3-day weekend we had over Labor Day was wonderful! I was able to help do some things at home and get caught up on sleep since my wonderful Mommy let me sleep in!! :) I also made a long-overdue visit to the library! The ladies in there always give me funny looks when I walk out with 10-15 books piled high in my arms. I just tell them I probably won't be back anytime in the very-near future. Lol.
Thank-goodness they let us have the books for 4 weeks!

I keep thinking that one of these weeks I won't be So. Totally. Completely. Exhausted. By the time Friday rolls around. So far, that hasn't happened. But the plus side to being that tired is I never have to worry about falling asleep or not sleeping well. Believe me, when your brain is tired and you crawl in bed (at least by 10pm), it's blissful REM cycles. Until the alarm blares at 5:45 the next morning. It receives a scowl from me each morning. I am realizing the priceless value of sleep. Keeping up with 11 kids each day is tiring. That's all their is to it. You have to be always one step ahead of them. Anticipate their questions. Listen to their questions. Formulate an answer. Make sure the way you articulate it will make sense to them. All day for 5 days of the week.

I still love it though! 


No worries there. I call it a "good tired." I have "found my niche." Although teaching Math is giving me quite the challenge to figure out how to explain it so they all understand it. I am also very thankful for all the supporting people I have in my life. My mom is priceless, but I haven't convinced her to pack my lunches yet. My fellow teachers- I love eating lunch with them. My cousins. My cousins' girls. My dad and brother(even though he doesn't always see things from a teacher's point of view). My family. My students' parents. My friends. My cell phone.

                                                                            Sad that the weekend is almost over,

                                                                                                           Miss Kelley
                                      (Hope you had/have a great weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment